These days, it seems that I've been shying away from fit-and-flare skirts and shorter heels. No reasoning behind it of course, but considering it's all I wore throughout last year, I've just been exploring different, more sophisticated styles... and wearing many bohemian looks, of course. I felt that it was time to revisit my past love of fit-and-flares when I came across this darling skirt from Chicwish.
Gingham skirts have a sort-of vintage and southern look about them that I can't help but love so much. I just want to run around all summer in this lovely skirt, whether it be for a road trip out into the countryside or just picnicking with my best gals. This piece can be styled so many ways, but for this outfit I wanted to mix modern with vintage.
I wore my thrifted saddle heels for the first time with this skirt for a vintage-inspired style, but kept on my thick black sunglasses and trendy mock neck crop top for a fun and modern aesthetic.
Wearing: Aeropostale crop top, Chicwish gingham skirt, Thrifted saddle heels, ZeroUV sunglasses, Coco & Marie necklace + earrings, Michael Kors watch, Alex & Ani bracelets, Nila Anthony via Handbag Heaven bag.
Gingham skirts are the ultimate skirt-staple to have this summer! Here are some more of my favorites from this cute vintage-inspired trend, all under $75:
1. This classic knee-length skirt is perfect for the vintage lovin' gal.
2. Look Parisian picnic-chic in this darling red and white gingham skirt.
3. Blue gingham skirts are stylishly fresh and light for hot summer days!
4. Don't like the fit-and-flare style? Opt for this gingham pencil skirt style!
5. If you can't get enough of gingham, then this matching co-ord is for you!